Filtre Kahve

Congo Coffee
Tanzania Coffee

Congo Coffee

DRC, struggling to return to the old days after 30 years of war, wants to become a "coffee heaven" again.

kahve makinası

Congo
Coffee .

Coffee was brought to DRC by Europeans. The people were worked as slaves in the coffee gardens by the colonial powers and did not receive any compensation.

After declaring its independence from Belgium in 1960, the country, which was experiencing a civil war, still could not catch up with its old production patterns.

DRC, which was once known as a "coffee paradise", has recently been appreciated for its quality coffee production.

kapsül kahve
Global Production Ranking

Global Production Ranking


#26

Annual Average Production

Annual Average Production

340,000 *


* In 60 kg bags

Regions

Regions

Oriental Province

North Kivu

South Kivu

Arabica Varieties

Arabica Varieties


Bourbon

Harvesting Period

Harvesting
Period





April - July

Arabica Production

The well-established and developed Robusta cultivation has been gradually replaced by Arabica in the last period.

While arable land and population provide advantages for farming in DRC, electricity, transportation and irrigation are the biggest shortcomings.

Arabica
Production .

Kongo Kahvesi

DRC
Coffee
Today .

Today, high taxes and market access difficulties are still complicating factors for coffee cultivation.

Public and private sector investments are promising for the future.

v60 nasıl yapılır
Matoke African Coffee

Are you interested in how to use v60 coffee maker to brew great coffee with DRC coffee beans ?

 

Explore the v60 coffee brewing guide to learn about this pour over coffee maker.

Tanzanya Kahvesi

Tanzania
Coffee

Tanzania's 500 years of coffee experience makes it stand out in quality coffee today.

Tanzania Coffee
Filtre Kahve

Tanzania
Coffee 
.

Coffee first came to Tanzania as a Robusta variety in the 16th century. During this period, it remained as a product that was produced and chewed only in a certain region.

After the German invasion in the 1800s, Arabica coffee cultivation became widespread and coffee became an export product. After the First World War, the country came under British rule. The British established cooperatives on the Kenyan border to make coffee more efficient and profitable.

With the reforms and privatizations carried out after the 1990s, the way for direct trade has been opened. Currently, 70% Arabica and 30% Robusta are grown in Tanzania.

Kahve Makinesi
Global Production Ranking

Global Production Ranking


#19

Annual Average Production

Annual Average Production

950,000 *


* In 60 kg bags

Regions

Regions

Arusha | Kigoma, Kilimanjaro

Mbeya

Ruvuma | Tarime

Arabica Varieties

Arabica Varieties


Blue Mountain

Arusha

Bourbon

Kent

Harvesting Period

Harvesting
Period





May - November

Arabica Üretimi

The regions of Tanzania that grow the best quality Arabica coffees are Kilimanjaro, Moshi and Arusha. Coffee beans grown at an altitude of 1400 and 1800 meters above sea level in this region mature slowly.

High bodied Tanzanian beans are rich in aromatic properties (blackberry, lemon, black tea, chocolate) and are similar to Kenyan coffees.

Arabica
Production .

Matoke

Tanzania
Coffee

Today .

In Tanzania, approximately 500,000 farmers realize 90% of the total production by cultivating coffee. The remaining 10% is produced by large farms.

Coffee constitutes 5% of the country's export revenues.

Ruanda

MATOKE
BEST SELLERS

Best
Seller

A unique blend of Kenya and Rwanda Arabica beans featuring an aromatic, smooth, well-rounded flavour.

An excellent choice for those who want to enjoy fruit flavor and experience unique African aromas in their coffee. Perfect with or without milk.

Best
Seller

Result of Matoke's experience in the selection of the best beans from East Africa and a longer-lasting roasting.

Perfect for the real espresso lover who wants to enjoy an authentic Italian coffee shops experience.